Manhattan Edit Workshop's one-day summit, Sight, Sound & Story, returns to New York on June 14th, 2014. The event gathers a collection of diverse and intriguing speakers spanning the world of post production. Panels include to art and processes of editing film and television, the techniques of visual effects, and the craft behind sound design. The summit culminates in a gala reception and networking session for over 300 guest, panelists and vendors.
- Join Oscar-winning editor Michael Kahn, A.C.E. and film historian Bobbie O'Steen for an in-depth look at Michael’s longstanding career, from his early work in television through his longtime collaboration with director Steven Speilberg. We’ll discuss his creative process and evolution and take a visual tour through his eclectic list of films.
- Michael Berenbaum, A.C.E., Cindy Mollo, A.C.E., Gary Levy and Meg Reticker share work from “True Detective,” “House of Cards,” “The Americans,” & “Nurse Jackie."
- SoundShow NY returns to New York featuring Oscar-winning team Phil Stockton, Eugene Gearty and Sam Miille.
- Go behind the scenes of Documentary filmmaking with editors Jonathan Oppenheim and David Teague.
- Editors Brad Buckwalter, Colin Beattie and Christian Winters throw us into the unique and fast-paced world of sports docudrama.
For more information go to www.SightSoundandStory.com.
EVENT DETAILS:GENERAL ADMISSION: $89.00 (Discounts available for partner organizations)
LOCATION: The French Institute, 55 East 57th Street, New York, NY 10022
DATE: Saturday, June 14, 2014
TIME: 10:30AM - 9:00PM